The Middle School Summer Program will be held at LaVenture Middle School and is for students and Club members entering grades 6-8 at LaVenture and Mount Baker Middle Schools. The program runs from 8am-1pm, Monday-Thursday from July 9th to August 9th. Breakfast and Lunch is included. All participants can also attend the Mount Vernon Boys & Girls Club daily from 1:00-6pm. This program is made possible through the 21st Century Grant at no cost to members.
Field trips are held on Mondays and members are expected to be here at 8am. Boys & Girls Club shirts are required to go on field trips and can be purchased online or at the Mount Vernon Club for $10.00 each.
Here are the themes for each week:
- Week 1: July 9-12 “What’s Your Movement?”
- Week 2: July 16-19 “Delighting in the Difference”
- Week 3: July 23-27 “My Future Starts Today”
- Week 4: July 30-Aug 3 “This is Senseless!”
- Week 5: Aug 6-9 “The Land We Love”