Mount Vernon, WA
Salary: $13.00 to $15.08 /hour
Position: AIM Coordinator
Supervisor: Club Director
Location: Mount Vernon, WA
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Wage: $13.00- 15.08/hr DOQ/DOE
Hours: 25-29 hours weekly
Under the direct supervision of the Club Director, the AIM Coordinator will implement and manage a comprehensive educational enhancement program to help Club members succeed academically. The AIM Coordinator is responsible for working with staff members to fully implement Power Hour and Project Learn programs.
- Associate’s Degree preferred, or concurrent enrollment in a degree program related to education, psychology, social work, youth development or related disciplines.
- Experience working with youth preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships.
- Knowledge of reading, STEM education, college readiness, and career preparation
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organization, staff and project management abilities.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications or the ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to obtain Food Handlers Permit.
- Pass a nationwide background check, drug screenings, fingerprint search.
- Knowledge of youth development principles and developmental characteristics required.
- Knowledge and demonstrated implementation of the Youth Program Quality Intervention (YPQI) preferred
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Coordinate and implement activities in the Club’s Learning Center
- Program development geared to ages 6-18, especially related to homework assistance, reading and math support, and additional educational enhancement programs
- Align all Project Learn activities with YPQI format to assure program quality including a warm welcome, community builder, defined goal/objectives and implementation and reflection.
- Integration of purposeful social and emotional learning opportunities
- Oversee outcome measurement, data collection record keeping, and reporting
- Implement daily Power Hour (homework help and reading incentive program) and Project Learn (hi-yield enrichment activities) to support member learning and academic success.
- Manage Power Hour and Project Learn volunteers.
- Establish and maintain rapport with school teachers, principals, and counselors.
- Complete and contribute to all reports required for grant funding.
- Other related duties as specified by the Director or his/her designee.
- Inform and orient other staff members in the Project Learn strategy.
- Maintain and care for all Learning Center supplies and equipment.
- Maintain Learning Center bulletin boards, monthly calendars and displays, student success charts and periodic exhibits and displays of Club members’ work.
- Develop and maintain relationships and collaborations with organizations that can provide advice, direction and support to the organization’s educational initiative.
Human Resource Cultivation Plan:
- Positions close when filled
- Successful applicants will be interviewed, as needed