Salary: $15.23 to $19.04 /hour
Status:Full Time, 32 Hours Weekly, Non-Exempt
Salary Range:$15.23 to 19.04 per hour
Area and Organizational Information:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit County was founded in 1997 and is made up of seven Clubs – in Anacortes, Burlington, Concrete, Mount Vernon, and Sedro-Woolley. Current membership for the organization is approximately 1,800 kids annually – with a daily attendance of 450. The organization is headquartered in Mount Vernon, and our administrative office currently houses the five members of the Mission Support Team. The total Skagit County population is approximately 120,000 – and the County is positioned nearly equidistant between Seattle, WA, and Vancouver, BC. With just about an hour of drive time to either, the County is positioned well for enjoying the Cultural benefits each provides, without the living expense or regular traffic present in a metropolitan area. The community is attractive to those interested in enjoying the Puget Sound, San Juan Islands, and the mountains of Washington State. Skagit County is home to the nationally recognized annual Tulip Festival held in April that brings spectators in from all over the world.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit County Mission Statement:
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reachtheir full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens
Under the supervision of the Club Director, the Program Director is responsible for developing and implementing a variety of programs that achieve the priority outcomes of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Good Character & Citizenship. The Program Director will provide support to the Club in data entry, parent communication, community outreach, staff development & direction, grant writing, recruiting & retaining Club Members and facility management. The successful candidate will serve as the responsible party in the absence of the Club Director.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit County are positioning themselves to be the premier provider of Youth Development Programs in our area through targeted outreach initiatives, strategic partnerships with schools and local governments, and a commitment to ongoing professional development. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate individual to join our team and join us in securing Great Futures for all youth in Skagit County.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Programs and implements activities for youth that give them a sense of belonging, usefulness, influence, and competence utilizing existing curriculum from Boys & Girls Clubs of America in addition to local initiative.
- Promotes and markets programs to Club members and the greater community.
- Assists in daily administrative functions.
- Utilizes VisionMTS or designated equivalent software to track activity participation and reports.
- Manages program supplies and equipment.
- Works to increase overall organizational capacity through various methods that reflect organizational policies and procedures, strategies and goals, and values.
- Establish Clubhouse programs, activities, and services that prepare youth for success and that create a Club environment that facilitates the achievement of designated outcomes.
- Provide a healthy and safe environment, ensuring that all facilities, equipment, and supplies are maintained.
- Ensure the continued flow of information and data for participation in the National Youth Outcomes Initiative.
- Builds strong Collaborative Relationships internally and externally.
- Incorporate organizational Values of Fun, Respect, Integrity, Community, and Acceptance into all practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Associate Degree or equivalent education/experience required.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Knowledge of the mission, priority outcomes, programs, and procedures of the Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Ability to develop, implement and provide leadership for a comprehensive program calendar that balance fun, free-choice opportunities, with fun, evidence-based curriculum cycles.
- Ability to deal effectively with members, including discipline problems.
- Demonstrated ability in working with community members, donors, parents, and young people.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Enthusiasm for mission and motivation to learn new skills on the job.
- Must be able to lift and move objects as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines and goals.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
Human Resource Cultivation Plan:
- Send resume and cover letter
- Position closes when filled
Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit Counties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.