Anacortes, WA 98221
Salary: $13.69 to $15.71 /hour
Position: Youth Development Professional II – General
Supervisor: Club Director
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage: $13.69 – 15.71/hr DOQ/DOE
Hours: 14-25 Hours Weekly
Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit County Mission Statement:
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Under the supervision of the Club Director, the Youth Development Professional – II is responsible for helping to implement a variety of programs and activities that lead to three priority outcomes for youth: Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and, Good Character & Citizenship. Youth Development Professionals visibly enjoy working with youth and create an environment that is safe and fun while helping members build confidence and skills.
Youth Development Professionals (YDP’s) must be available Monday through Friday, typically between the hours of 7:00 am to 6:30 pm. During the Summer, Clubs are open from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm; those with flexible schedules typically work more hours.
- 18 years of age or older (23 or older to work with teens)
- Ability to remain poised, positive, and energetic in a busy work environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to processes.
- Previous experience working with youth preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with Club staff, volunteers, community groups, and other organizations
- CPR/First Aid Certified, Current Food Handlers Card preferred
- Incorporates organizational Values of Fun, Respect, Integrity, Community, and Acceptance into all practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans and implements activities for youth that give them a sense of belonging, usefulness, influence, and competence, utilizing existing curriculum from Boys & Girls Clubs of America in addition to local initiatives
- Provides coverage for absent employees
- Manage program supplies and equipment
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of program area
- Other duties as assigned
Human Resource Cultivation Plan:
- Positions close when filled
- Veterans and Military spouses are encouraged to apply
- Successful applicants will be interviewed, as needed
Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.