Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284
Salary: $14.70 to $17.30 /hour
Under the supervision of the VP of Operations, the Teen Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within a designated Clubhouse, such as Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts and Health & Lifestyles Education. Plan, develop, oversee implementation and supervise programs. The Teen Coordinator will provide support to the Club in data entry, community outreach, recruiting & retaining Club Members and facility maintenance. The successful candidate may serve as the responsible party in the absence of the senior Club leadership.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit County are positioning themselves to be the premier provider of Youth Development Programs in our area through targeted outreach initiatives, strategic partnerships with schools and local governments, and a commitment to ongoing professional development. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate individual to join our team and join us in securing Great Futures for all youth in Skagit County.
- Must be 23 years of age or older, with a valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Demonstrated ability to understand the concept and vision of Boys & Girls Clubs
- Demonstrated understanding of integrating existing program strategies and curriculum
- Ability to remain poised, positive and energetic in a busy work environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms and methods to engage the target population
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to processes
- Previous experience working with youth preferred, or a demonstrated understanding of youth development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):*
- Plans, develops and implements special programs designed to engage youth in grades 6 – 12, including use of local and national curriculum.
- Provide employment, health, life skills and training opportunities to Club teens using needs-based and interest-based programs.
- Assist in the promotion and interpretation of the Club philosophies, methods and accomplishments as it relates to teen programming.
- Compile state-of-the-art teen resources, information and data to address current and future trends affecting teens.
- Participate in Club staff and advisory meetings to ensure teen interests and concerns are addressed in a manner consistent with, and in conformance with, the mission and policies of the Boys & Girls Club.
- Serve as a positive adult role model at all Club, local and national events.
- Serve as a liaison with BGCA Teen Services to maximize resources available for service to teens.
- Collaborate regularly with other statewide Club staff to enhance teen programming
- Consult with parents concerning member and Club issues.
- Arrange Community Interaction and opportunities for Club Members.
- Incorporates organizational Values of Fun, Respect, Integrity, Community, and Acceptance into all practices
- Other duties as assigned
Human Resource Cultivation Plan:
- Position closes when filled
Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit Counties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.