Salary: $12.00 to $14.55 /hour
Position: Nutrition Specialist
Supervisor: Club Director
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage: $12.00-14.55/hr DOQ/DOE
Hours: Primarily 1 pm to 6 pm, 12-20 Hours Weekly; Summer hours may vary
Under the supervision of the Club Director, the Nutrition Specialist is responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly food preparation environment while preparing and serving meals and snacks daily. The Nutrition Specialist must adhere to all USDA/OSPI guidelines regarding the food program, maintain necessary inventory, perform cleaning functions to the highest of sanitary expectation levels, and enjoy working with, and for, youth, ages 6-18.
- Applicant must be a minimum of 23 years of age due to insurance restrictions and operating organization vehicles
- Possess a current Washington State Food Handlers Card or be able to obtain one prior to employment
- Possess the ability to remain poised, positive, and energetic in a busy work environment
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs, stand for frequent periods of time, and perform reoccurring tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to processes.
- Capable of reading cooking instructions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with Club staff, volunteers, community groups, and other organizations
Essential Job Functions:
- Create a snack and dinner menu plan that is in accordance with the OSPI Child Food Program.
- Shopping for supplies and equipment as needed.
- Prepare and serve snack and meals daily.
- Plans programs and activities consistent with the organizations’ Youth Development Strategy.
- Manage program supplies and equipment.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the building.
- Other duties as assigned.
Human Resource Cultivation Plan:
- Positions close when filled
- Veterans and Miltary spouse are encouraged to apply
- Successful applicants will be interviewed, as needed
Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit Counties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.